Alert: Several Atlantic City Expressway Exits to be Closed Sunday for Triathlon
Heads-up if you plan on traveling around Atlantic County on Sunday, September 12th -- the Ironman 70.3 Triathlon may impact your driving.
The Atlantic City Police Department says the swimming part of the event will take place in the bay off of Bader Field, the run will happen on the boardwalk in Atlantic City and Ventnor, and the cycling portion will happen throughout Atlantic County. As a result, many roads in Atlantic City and Atlantic County will be impacted.
Here's where delays can be expected:
- In Atlantic City, motorists traveling on and across Albany Avenue will experience heavy delays from 10 AM to 3 PM.
- For Ventnor, Margate, and Longport, plan to use West End Avenue or the toll bridge into Margate to avoid Albany Avenue.
- Atlantic City Expressway Exits 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 will be closed from 3:30 AM to 1 PM.
- In Pleasantville and Egg Harbor Township, watch for delays along Delilah Road, Westcoat Road, County Route 651, and New Road from 6 AM to 1 PM. Detours along those roads may be posted.
- For those in Absecon, expect delays and detours along Mill Road, Fire Road, Westcoat Road, and Ohio Road from 6 AM to 1 PM.