Galloway Township Library Reopening After Closure Due to COVID-19
The Galloway Township branch of the Atlantic County Library System will reopen after being closed since Friday after someone who had visited the library tested positive for the coronavirus.
Contact tracing procedures began on Friday, October 23rd according to the Atlantic County Library's website. All library employees were asked to self quarantine and monitor their health for any symptoms of COVID-19.
Curbside pickup will resume on Wednesday, November 5th and the library will officially reopen on Thursday, November 6th.
The following updated safety guidelines still remain in effect for all branches of the Atlantic County Library System including Mays Landing, Hammonton, EHT, Pleasantville, Somers Point, Brigantine, and Ventnor City.
- All branches will be open Monday through Saturday from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM
- The first hour of each day is designated for those at high risk for COVID 19 including the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.
- Please complete you visit as quickly as possible and keep it to under 1 hour so others can safely visit.
- The branches will be open to only 25% capacity.
- All staff and patrons must wear face masks and practice social distancing.
- Curbside pick up is available at all branches and encouraged
- No donations at this time and the Interlibrary Loan Program is not available
- Public meeting rooms remain closed
It's so good to final have our local libraries open. I have so many fond memories of bringing my boys to the library especially during the summer season. They would both spend countless hours at our local library.