What Do Men Worry Most About When They Go To The Beach?
I came out with my “10 Beach Commandments” this week and clearly beach season is here at the Jersey Shore. So when I came across a copy of Men’s Health from a couple of years ago that had an article on how MEN feel about the beach I thought I would share with you:
- 14% of men regularly apply sunscreen to their face and other exposed skin when they are outside for more than an hour.
- More than 75% of men worry most about how their stomach looks when they hit the beach. I know mine looks bad so I’m more concerned about getting a good spot by the water.
- 67% of men cover up when they are in a bathing suit. For what it’s worth 1937 was the year New York first legalized topless bathing suits for men. What they wore previous to that was pretty comical.
- The most preferred male body type for the beach is athletic followed by dad bod (whatever that is). As you might expect the Mankini is the most disapproved piece of beach attire and I don’t think I have ever seen one in Seaside Park or anywhere else.
- The top five factors according to men when it comes to what makes a good beach are:
- Sand quality
- Water quality
- Inexpensive parking
- Trash Cans
If your beach has all five then stay there and don’t tell others.
You might notice that not on the list is FREE BEACHES because I would imagine most of those surveyed took that for granted. In other words they don’t visit the Jersey Shore.