Lessons For A Long And Happy Life
There are those who insist age is just a number and while that’s true the number does go up every year on your birthday. However one thing I have learned is that two “older adults” can be the same age but you would never know it from not only their lifestyle but their approach to each day. While most of “Lessons for a Long and Happy Life” are geared for those over 50 if you’re younger pay attention because you’ll be there quicker than you can imagine. This is an edited version of something that was sent to me.
- Don’t stress over the little things. You’ve already overcome so much in your life. You have good memories and bad ones, but the important thing is the present. Don’t let the past drag you down and the future frighten you.
- Keep a healthy life without great physical effort. Do moderate exercise, eat well and get your sleep. It’s easy to become sick and it gets harder to remain healthy.
- Always stay up-to-date. Read and watch the news, go online and see what people are saying. (You can skip TikTok if you want).
- Respect the younger generation and their opinions. They may not have the same ideas as you but they are the future and will take the world in their direction. Give advice, not criticism and try to remind them that yesterday’s wisdom still applies today.
- Regardless of age always keep love alive. Love your partner, love your family, love your neighbor and remember: “A man is not old as long as he has intelligence and affection.”
- Don’t abandon your hobbies and if you don’t have any then make new ones.
- If you’ve been offended by someone, forgive them. If you’ve offended someone than apologize.
- Laugh away your worries, remember you are the lucky ones. You managed to have a life, a long one. Many never get to this age and never get to experience a full life.
The most Irish towns in New Jersey
Using most recent five-year data from the U.S. Census American Community Survey, we plotted the municipalities in New Jersey with the highest percentage of residents claiming Irish descent. Take a look!